Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – WOOLWORTHS
Woolworths Holdings Limited, founded in 1931, is a multinational retail company located in South Africa. The Group owns Woolworths (a South African retail chain), the Country Road Group and David Jones (both of which are Australian businesses).
Woolworths, the South African company, is a premium retailer of food, fashion, beauty and home goods. The company operates over 400 food stand alone stores and over 200 full line stores within South Africa, as well as 65 stores across Africa.
Woolworths TASTE is an award-winning magazine which features over 50 scrumptious recipes, in 11 issues per year. The magazine showcases Woolworths’ top-quality food products and easy dining options to their readers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Culinary Bursary programme is aimed at students who wish to train as a professional chef. Students must be passionate about cooking and food.
The bursary will cover one year of studies at Silwood Cookery School, Capsicum and Institute of Culinary Arts, Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine or Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 15 October 2018 at the latest, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 18 years or older
- Able to start studies in January next year
- Able to cover the following costs – accommodation, transportation, living expenses and personal expenses (these are not covered by the bursary award)
- Have working experience in a professional kitchen as an intern or paid employee – café/ restaurant/ shop (minimum of 6 months)
- Have support from a stable home environment
- Must study at one of the following tertiary institutions closest to where you reside: Capsicum and Institute of Culinary Arts (Stellenbosch)/ Silwood Cookery School (Cape Town)/ Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine (Hilton)/ Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://taste.co.za/apply-now-2019-woolworths-taste-eat-culinary-bursary/
2) Download and complete the Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Colour photo (passport or ID size)
- Motivational letter about your goals, ambitions and why you should be awarded the bursary (max 200 words)
- Your answers to the 5 assessment questions on the application form (to be answered on a separate piece of paper)
If applying via hard copy of the application form, applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Woolworths TASTE Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
15 August 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Woolworths directly: