Unilever Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – UNILEVER
Unilever was founded when a merger occurred between “Margarine Unie”, a Dutch margarine producer and the “Lever Brothers”, British soapmakers in 1930. The com
Today, Unilever is among the oldest multinational companies in the world, is the largest global consumer goods company and is the biggest producer of food spreads (like margarine). The companies products include food and beverages (ie beverages and ice cream), as well as personal care products and cleaning agents, of which are available in approximately 190 countries.
The company owns more than 400 brands, some of which include: Dove, Lux, Sunsilk, Domestos, Handy Andy, Omo, Surf, Vaseline, Axe, Magnum, Lipton, Robertsons, Knorr, Hellmann’s and Rama.
Unilever South Africa has more than 3500 full time staff members in its employ, across the countries 7 manufacturing locations and 2 corporate offices.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Unilever will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc/ BEng)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying in one of the aforementioned Engineering fields
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised South African university
- Strong academic results in Mathematics and Physical Science
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Alternatively, you can download the latest application form from: www.unilever.co.za/careers/graduates
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Latest tertiary academic record, if an university
(Note: please ensure that you mark your application as follows: “Unilever Bursary Application – Your Full Name”)
30 April annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Unilever directly:
Unilever SA Graduate Recruitment
Tel: 031 571 9600