Aurecon Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AURECON
Aurecon, founded in 2009, is an engineering and infrastructure advisory company, based in South Africa and Australia. The company was formed as the results of a merger between 3 engineering consulting firms, namely Connell Wagner; Africon and Ninham Shand.
The company provides engineering, design, planning, management, consulting and specialist technical services to global clients, for the private and government sectors. Aurecon has been involved in numerous projects across Africa, North and South America, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Aurecon operates in 28 countries across the globe (including South Africa; Lesotho; Namibia; Botswana; Uganda; Kenya; Angola; Swaziland; Nigeria; Ghana; Mozambique; Tanzania; Australia; New Zealand; Indonesia; Singapore; Philippines; Thailand; Vietnam; Macau; China; Hong Kong; United Arab Emirates and Qatar) and currently employs more than 7 500 staff members.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Aurecon will be awarding bursaries to students pursuing their undergraduate degree qualifications, within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Urban & Regional Planning
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE, SERVICE CONTRACT, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES, RENEWABILITY & SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary will be awarded for study at various tertiary institutions within the above mentioned Engineering fields. The bursary award will provide funding up to a maximum of R90 000 per year. Bursary recipients will also receive practical training in their field of qualification.
Bursaries are granted based on merit and are renewable each year, dependent on academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to panel interviews, taking place in Cape Town, Johannesburg or Durban. Successful candidates are then offered bursary agreements.
Once students have graduated, they are required to work for Aurecon – one year of work for each year of bursary funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups
- Current Matric students must:
- Intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum of level 7 for Mathematics and Physical Science
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 75 to 80%
- Current University students (1st/ 2nd/ 3rd Year) must:
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- 1st year students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- 2nd year students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- 3rd year students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/474/caw/en/job/932453/bursary-recruitment-programme-2019-south-africa
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy of)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Matric students: Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results (certified copies of)
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate AND latest tertiary academic record (certified copies of)
- Proof of University registration or acceptance
31 August 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Aurecon directly:
Tel: 012 427 2000
Fax: 086 556 0521