Tumaini Scholarship for Vocational Training
Tumaini Scholarship for Vocational Training: The Tumaini scholarship is designed to fight poverty by training young people for vocational careers.
Beyond the financial support, the Tumaini program develops each scholar’s skills in entrepreneurship.
Participation in the program develops and enhances skills that will be useful for each scholar’s family as well as their community and country.
Mentors assist Tumaini scholars with career counseling, job matching, job readiness, life skills education, and entrepreneurial skills development.
Eligibility and Eligible Funding Activities:
- Eligible applicants for these scholarships are young people who are citizens of an African country.
- Applicants do not have to be graduates of secondary school but are preferrably graduates of primary school.
- The Tumaini scholarship may be used to support school fees and related material costs for vocational training.
- Any vocational training course is eligible including carpentry, tailoring, mechanics, masonry, etc.
- The rewards are renewable but scholars must submit a returning scholar’s application form every year for continued funding.The Selection Process:
- After applications are submitted, the Selection Committee reviews them and ranks them based on several criteria.
- Top applicants are invited to interview with the Selection Committee and the most qualified of the applicants receive the requested funding.
- Awardees are selected on the basis of their academic potential, leadership, essays as well as their financial neediness.Late applications are never accepted and are immediately disqualified.
How to apply:
A complete application consists of:
- Completed Tumaini Application Form
- Letter of recommendation
- Essay 1: Outline your reasons for applying for the TUMAINI Scholarship
- Essay 2: Discuss an issue of personal, local, national or international concern and its importance to you.
- Copy of previous year’s grades
- School fee structure for proposed use of scholarship.
Completed scholarship applications should be sent to the:
Africa Education Project-Kenya,
P.O. Box 56601,
City Square 00200,
Applications deadline: September or October.
For more information and application materials, visit: Tumaini Scholarship for Vocational Training
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round