Tracker Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TRACKER
Tracker South Africa, founded in 1996, is a vehicle tracking company that connects over 1 million vehicles. Widely known as South Africa’s top Stolen Vehicle Recovery (SVR) company, Tracker has since expanded its offerings over the past 20 years.
Tracker is the only vehicle tracking company based in South Africa with a formal agreement with the South African Police Service (SAPS). The company has recovered more than 85 000 vehicles – that is more than 500 recoveries each month and has led to the arrest of more than 16 000 criminals.
The companies stolen vehicle recovery technology is used in 30 countries across the globe, including Italy; France; Russia; Argentina; Brazil; Columbia; Mexico and the United Kingdom.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Tracker bursaries are awarded within the following fields of study:
- Electronic Engineering (Bachelor of Science)
- Computer Engineering (Bachelor of Science)
- Data Sciences (Bachelor of Science)
The bursary award will cover the full cost of tuition fees – all other study-related expenses will be for the student’s own account.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved excellent academic results in Matric
- Achieved Maximum Distinction Pass for Mathematics and Science (HG) in Matric
- Studying towards a degree qualification within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying at a University in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at http://careers.tracker.co.za/index.cfm?fuseaction=trackercontent3
You will be required to register an account here: http://careers.tracker.co.za/index.cfm?fuseaction=addcand before you can log in and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded a bursary and why you are pursuing this field of study
Applications are open between October and November each year – please refer back to this page for specific dates.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Tracker directly:
Contact Person: Mihloti Mgimeti (CSI Officer)
Tel: 011 380 0300 / 011 998 4136
Fax: 011 215 8900
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org