NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
Solomon Mahlangu was executed under the apartheid laws at the age of 23 after he was wrongfully accused of terrorism and murder. The scholarship fund was created in memory of this young man.
The scholarship fund was created with the aim of helping full-time students pursue their studies, which are within the critical and scarce skills areas listed below.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund will cover studies in various fields of study, relating to critical and scarce skills. Studies must be undertaken at a University/ University of Technology in South Africa.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric this year (entering tertiary studies in 2022)
- Under the age of 35 years old
- Proven financial need – household income of under R15 000 per month
- Satisfy the University or University of Technology APS (Admission Point Score)
- Achieve a minimum average of 70% for Matric final exams
- Applying to study towards a first-year full-time Degree or Diploma qualification
- Applying to study within an area of critical and scarce skills (per the Labour Planning Frameworks)
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be done in either of the following ways:
1) By downloading and completing the NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund Bursary Application Form (pdf format)
2) Online at https://studentfundingportal.com/sfp/ (preferred method)
You may be required to upload/ submit the following supporting documentation to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results (if not yet in possession of your Matric final certificate) (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy) (*see note below)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension income or grant/ death certificate if deceased).
*Note: should you have not received your Matric certificate at the time of application, it must be submitted by 16 January 2018 at the latest (to the address of the application form).
Application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to (if you are NOT using the online application method):
Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund
8 Victoria Road
OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
28 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any scholarship queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 2000 476/ 087 2300 194