South African Veterinary Foundation Bursary 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAVF
The South African Veterinary Foundation (SAVF) is a non-profit organisation, founded in 1984, whose aim is to raise funds and promote animal education by research and informing the general public. At present, the Foundation has 3 Directors – Dr JJ Viljoen, Dr R Lobetti and Prof RM Kirberger.
The Foundation aims to advance and promote all aspects of Biological Sciences and Veterinary Sciences in South Africa. In order to do so, they aim to support veterinary research, fund veterinary studies by means of loans and bursaries, as well as administer and invest in financial portfolios to hopefully improve the quality of life of human and animals. The SAVF have numerous initiatives whereby organisations or the public can contribute to the well being and support of animals.
The South African Veterinary Foundation (SAVF) began funding 4th and 5th-year veterinary students in 1999 and have funded 36 students to date, to the total value of R235 500.
ABOUT THE SAVF BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The South African Veterinary Foundation, partnered with Lakato Veterinary Wholesalers, are inviting Veterinary students to apply for the SAVF Bursary. There will be 2 bursaries awarded, to the value of R10 000 each, to BVSc (Veterinary Science) IV and BVSc (Veterinary Science) V students at the University of Pretoria
There will be no service contract or work back obligation on completion of studies.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAVF BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be studying towards a BVSc qualification (in your 4th or 5th year of study)
- Must be studying at the University of Pretoria, in the Faculty of Veterinary Science
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in the previous exam period
- Must partake in campus student activities (including sports, culture and other student life activities)
- Must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAVF BURSARY
Students interested in applying must complete the online application at https://savf.org.za/bursaries/
The application process includes the following steps:
- Filling in your personal information, including your full name, email address, contact numbers, current year of study, student number
- Attaching the following documentation: your Curriculum Vitae, breakdown of your current student debt, an academic record for the last year of study (all attachments must be no larger than 25MB each and can be uploaded in various formats)
- Answering 10 multiple choice questions about the SAVF
Please note: the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified.
30 April 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the SAVF directly:
Contact Person: Dr Remo Lobetti
Tel: 011 706 6023