South African Weather Service Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAWS
The South African Weather Service (SAWS) is a public entity under the governmental Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism since 2001, and is an authoritative voice in South Africa for weather and climate forecasting.
The organisation complies with global meteorological standards as it is a member of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). SAWS also provides the marine, aviation and various other industry clients with weather services. It provides government funded public good services and paid commercial services.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
- Atmospheric Science
- Air Quality
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary: registration, tuition fees and a monthly allowance.
Upon graduation, students will be required to work for SAWS – the duration of work will be equal to the duration of the bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for Physical Science in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (first/ second/ third/ Honours year)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the SA Weather Service Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Quote the following reference number on your application form: REF.WS11/10/2018
The following documents must please accompany your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcript/ record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- University letter of confirmation/ proof of registration
- Any other merit certificates or achievements (certified copies)
- Covering letter/ motivational letter (max 1 page)
Applications must be submitted via post or hand delivered to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The South African Weather Service
Private Bag X097
(Attention: Dr W Jordaan)
26 October 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The South African Weather Service directly:
Contact Person: Gugu Maphisa
Tel: 012 367 6085