PPS Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PPS
The Professional Provident Society (PPS) of South Africa was founded in the year 1941 by eight dentists. The aim of the organisation was to find a way to create a better system of financial protection due to the inability to practice after injury or sickness.
PPS is an authorised financial services provider, who provides customised investment, healthcare and insurance solutions for graduate professionals. In fact, PPS is the only company in South Africa that is a mutual financial service solely for graduate professionals.
PPS is one of the only South African financial services providers that is not listed on the stock exchange and does not have any external shareholders. The company allocates all profits to its members each year with qualifying products, via PPS Profit-Share Accounts.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
PPS offer bursary awards to a selection of graduate professionals, who are studying full-time in their 4th year of study or postgraduate study within one of the preferred professions.
Bursaries are awarded within the following fields:
- Human Resources Practitioner
- Political Analyst
ENGINEERING (with a 4-year degrees):
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Doctors (belonging to the HPCSA)
- Industrial Psychology
- Nurses (with a 4-year B.Cur degree)
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech and Hearing Therapist
- Farmer (with a 4-year degree in agriculture)
- Land Surveyor
- Town and Regional Planner
The cost of tuition and prescribed textbooks (within a specific budget) will be covered by the bursary programme.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Registered to study at a South African University (4th year or postgraduate), within one of the aforementioned fields
- Achieved a minimum average of 75% in previous years of study
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://www.pps.co.za/explorepps/bursariesandsponsors/Pages/Bursaries.aspx
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Exam results (June) or latest (certified copy),
- A student account statement showing all fees paid up for previous years,
- Declaration of yours/ your families financial position (affidavit)
- Motivation letter describing where you would like to be in the future and why you should be awarded the bursary (word document, max 300 words)
15 January annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PPS directly:
Fax: 011 644 9629