Pick n Pay Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PICK N PAY
Pick n Pay, founded in 1967, is South Africa’s second largest supermarket chain store (after Shoprite). Pick n Pay Stores Limited operates within the retail sector in various countries across southern Africa, including Zimbabwe; Botswana; Namibia; Swaziland; Lesotho and Zambia.
The retail giant employs over 80 000 staff members in all its store across Africa. The companies stores include: Pick n Pay Supermarkets; Pick n Pay Hypermarkets; Pick n Pay Express; Pick n Pay Clothing; Pick n Pay Liquor; Pick n Pay Family; Pick n Pay Local; Pick n Pay Pharmacy; Pick n Pay Spaza; Pick n Pay Mini-markets and Daily and Boxer formats.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Pick n Pay bursary programme, administered by Study Trust, is open to students whose parents or legal guardians are employees of Pick n Pay.
Bursaries are available to students in ALL fields of study (diploma or degree qualifications only).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards a diploma or degree qualification
- Studying at a University of Technology or University in South Africa
- Must be in at least your 1st year of tertiary study
- Achieved a minimum of 50% for the first semester of the current year
- You are a dependent of an employee of Pick n Pay
- Pick n Pay casual staff are also eligible for the bursary (but NOT full-time staff)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: http://www.studietrust.co.za
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric results certificate (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary exam results (certified copy)
- Parent/ guardians proof of employment at Pick n Pay (latest payslip)
- Two testimonials (one from an education official – principal or lecturer and the other one by a community leader)
30 September 2020.
(Applications open on 1 May each year.)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Study Trust directly:
Contact People: Mr Themba Mdluli (Applications Officer) / Mr Sibusiso Lukhele (Bursary Administration & Support)
Tel: 011 403 1632
Fax: 086 560 5604