Novus Holdings (Paarl Media Trust) Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NOVUS HOLIDINGS
Novus Holdings (previously known as the Paarl Media Group), founded in 2000, is printing and manufacturing organisation. The company prides itself on being one of the most technologically advanced manufacturing companies in Africa. In fact, Novus Holdings has a history of more than 100 years of combined experience.
The JSE listed company specialises in the printing of catalogues, magazines, newspapers, retail inserts, educational material, books, labels, commercial work, digital work and tissue products.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Paarl Media Bursary Trust was started by the Retief family in the Western Cape. The Trust was launched in the year 2008, with an initial investment sum of R10 million. Today, bursaries are awarded from the investment returns of independent trustees.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time towards a tertiary qualification
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Strong academic record
- From financially disadvantaged background
- Involved in the community
- Leadership qualities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility requirements can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently a tertiary student (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary
- Proof financial need: proof of household income (parents/ guardians latest bank statements if employed, affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased).
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Novus Holdings Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Novus Holdings directly:
Contact Person: Elicia van Schoor
Tel: 021 870 3800 / 021 550 2500
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com