Okhahlamba Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – OKHAHLAMBA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Okhahlamba Local Municipality, a Category B municipality, is situated in the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa, between the Free State and Lesotho. It is the biggest municipality within the district.
It is a municipality within the Uthukela District Municipality, covering an area of almost 4000 km². The municipalities towns include Bergville, Geluksberg, Winterton and Cathkin Park. It is also made up of smallholder settlements and privately owned commercial farms.
The main economic sectors within the Okhahlamba Local Municipality includes manufacturing, wholesale and retail trade, business services, real estate, insurance, finance, agriculture and tourism.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The Okhahlamba Municipality bursary will cover the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Agricultural Studies
- Town Planning
- Accounting (B.Com)
The bursary aims to cover ALL study-related expenses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Okhahlamba Municipality
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or plan on studying full-time at a recognised South African tertiary institution
- Applied/ been accepted to study at a tertiary institution through CAO
- Must NOT be a Municipal Official or a Councillor/ or a biological relative of a Municipal Official or Councillor
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications forms must be collected from the Okhahlamba Municipality Youth Development Office (contact details below).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ statement of results, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ acceptance to study at a tertiary institution through CAO
- Proof of residential address (from traditional local authorities/ ward councillor)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed/ pension slips if on pension/ death certificate if deceased)
- Motivational letter supporting your application
Applications must be delivered to:
Okhahlamba Local Municipality Youth Office
259 Kingsway Street
15 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Okhahlamba Local Municipality directly:
Okhahlamba Youth Office
Tel: 036 448 8010
Tel: 036 448 8010
Fax: 036 448 1986