Nanoteq Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NANOTEQ
Nanoteq, founded in 1988, is a South African owned company, operating within the security domain. The company was founded with the main goal of creating cryptographic technology used in military radio systems and mobile telephones. Today, Nanoteq offers its customers a wide range of quality cryptographic products and solutions, with varying levels of customisation.
Nanoteq is headquartered in Centurion, Gauteng and has 30 years of experience within the security field. The company serves various government agencies, as well as local and international clientele. The core offerings include Voice & Fax Security; Workstation & Mobile; Network Security Layer 2; Network Security Layer 3 and Supportive Offering.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Nanoteq are awarding bursaries to deserving students, within the following fields of study (undergraduate only):
- Computer Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
Bursaries are awarded to the maximum value of R80 000 per student, per year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback within 60 days of the application deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time towards a qualification within one of the aforementioned fields of study (in your second or third year of study)
- Completed your first year of studies
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Top academic achiever
- Keen interest in research and development
- From a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum eligibility requirements and would like to apply can do so by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Latest tertiary academic record (certified copy of)
- Motivational letter (explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary)
- Curriculum Vitae (to include the following: your details, contact information, secondary school details and results, tertiary details and results)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com
(Insert the words “Nanoteq Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
16 March 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Nanoteq directly:
Tel: 012 672 7000
Fax: 012 665 1343