MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa Bursary 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MULTICHOICE
MultiChoice, established in 1993, is a South African company which operates the DStv Satellite Television service across Sub-Saharan Africa. The company includes 5 services: M-NET, a satellite television subscription service; Showmax, an online video-on-demand subscription service; GOtv, a Digital terrestrial television platform; Supersport, a collection of sports channels on the DStv network and Irdeto, a digital platform security company.
In 2018 Multichoice Africa launched the Multichoice Talent Factory academies to allow 60 students from 13 countries to take part in the year-long academic and practical immersion programme.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The MultiChoice Talent Factory will be awarding bursaries to students pursuing their studies towards a Film and TV or related qualification (Diploma or Degree), from their 2nd year of study onward.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year of study – therefore students must reapply for funding each year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- 18 years or older
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards a Film and TV or related Diploma or Degree qualification (2nd year of study or higher)
- Achieved a minimum overall “C+” average in the previous year of study
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the MTF ZA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration
- Academic transcripts/ tertiary qualification certificate (certified copy)
- Proforma invoice from your tertiary institution (on letterhead)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary (advisable to include your interest in your field of study and show passion for the industry: maximum 500 words)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Parents/ guardians list of monthly expenses
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “MTF ZA Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
31 January 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to these scholarship programmes, please contact MultiChoice Talent Factory directly: