Land Bank Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LAND BANK
The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank), was established in 1912 and is government-owned by the Development Finance Institution. The bank’s key shareholder is the National Treasury and it is governed by the Land and Agricultural Development Bank Act 15 of 2002.
The Bank provides financial services to farmers, including the financing of land, equipment, assets and credit.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Land Bank will be awarding bursaries each year, in fields aligned to the business needs of the company. This year bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Business Management
- Risk Management/ Compliance
- Internal Auditing | Procurement
- Investment Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Agricultural related studies
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and meals. Successful recipients will be required to sign a bursary contract with Land Bank.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview at the Land Bank Head Office in Centurion before final selection is made.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study (2nd/ 3rd/4th-year students only)
- Registered or accepted to study at a University/ University of Technology/ Agricultural College in South Africa
- Strong academic record
- Interested in pursuing a career within the Agricultural sector
- Proven financial need
- NOT in receipt of any other bursary funding
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms are available on the Land Bank website here: https://landbank.co.za/Pages/Bursary-Opportunities.aspx
Upload clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Matric results (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance from a tertiary institution
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed)
- Completed and signed Land-Bank-Declaration-of-Financial-Conditions (.pdf)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Land Bank Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
31 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Land Bank directly: