Mossel Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
Welcome to Zabusaries.com, on this page you will find details on Bursaries in South Africa And how to apply. Our aim to provide this information as accurately as possible.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MOSSEL BAY MUNICIPALITY
In 1848 Mossel Bay became a town, in 1852 it became a Municipality, and in 2000 the Mossel Bay Municipality merged with smaller municipalities including Friemersheim, Great Brak River and Herbertsdale to form the current Municipality of Mossel Bay.
Located halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, along the N2, the Municipality is bordered by neighbouring Municipalities of George, Langeberg and Oudtshoorn. The Municipalities main economic activities include fishing, agriculture, tourism, petrochemicals and light industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Mossel Bay Municipality will be awarding bursaries within the following undergraduate fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Public Administration
- Economic Development
- Town and Regional Planning
- Environmental Health
- Information Technology
- Social Development
- Other municipal related fields
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, registration fees, prescribed textbooks and/or study material, but it will NOT cover accommodation, meals or allowances.
Current bursary recipients must re-apply for funding each year, which will be granted based on the bursary criteria.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback within 40 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Residing within the Mossel Bay Municipality area
- Studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (SAQA accredited tertiary or TVET institution)
- Household income of less than R15 000 per month
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Mossel Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect a copy of the application form at the Mossel Bay Municipality Human Resource Office, Old Power Station Building, Munro Street, Santos Beach.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Testimonial from high school principal
- Affidavit confirming school attendance from Grades 10 to 12 within the Mossel Bay Municipal Area
- Proof of residential address (municipal account)
- Proof of any other bursary funding received
- Proof of application/ registration/ acceptance at a tertiary institute
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ SASSA letter or proof of pension or child grant if applicable/ affidavit if unemployed
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Mossel Bay Municipality Bursary – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
The Senior Manager (Human Resources)
P O Box 25
3) Hand delivey:
Old Power Station Building
5 February 2021 (at 13:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Mossel Bay Municipality directly:
Contact People: Ms N Jende / Ms N Fillis
Tel: 044 606 5158 / 044 606 5092