MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship South Africa
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER – MAD LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship South Africa | Make a Difference Leadership Foundation (MAD) was established in 2003, to provide academically gifted students the opportunity to achieve their academic goals through valuable education and mentorship. MAD aims to inspire the future of the country, and as such, offers several comprehensive scholarship opportunities focusing on individual support and development.
Since its inception, MAD Leadership Foundation has provided funding to high school learners and tertiary students throughout their academic careers and personal development journey. The foundation has ensured that students had the necessary tools and opportunities to reach their full potential as future leaders of South Africa.
ABOUT THE MAD LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Make a Difference Leadership Foundation (MAD), partnered with the Federated Employers Mutual Assurance Company (FEM), is inviting students to apply for their scholarship award, for the 2024 academic year.
The scholarship will be awarded for high school studies at any public school in South Africa.
ABOUT THE MAD LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted no later than 24 July 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo psychometric and leadership assessments, during July and August 2023. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to attend an interview in September 2023. Successful candidates will be announced by 20 September 2023.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you updated with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MAD LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be in any grade between Grade 7 and Matric
- You must be enrolled in a public school for 2024 (the scholarship does NOT fund private school students unless the student receives a significant scholarship from the school or the school’s fees are in line with Quintile 5 public schools)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must have a total household gross income of NOT more than R25 000
- You must be able to speak and understand English at a basic level
- You must show strong academic potential
- You must show strong leadership potential
- You must embrace a strong value system and a sense of responsibility
- You must participate in extra-curricular activities (school-related activities)
- You must be actively involved in community service
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MAD LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at; MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship Application 2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the MAD Leadership Foundation Scholarship.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document, if over 16 years old (certified copy)
- Birth certificate, if under 16 years old (certified copy)
- School reports for the 2021 and 2022 academic years
- Confirmation of your good conduct from your school and the school quantile (from the principal/ teacher/ residence head)
- Parents’ or guardians ID documents (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ death certificate, if deceased (certified copy)
- Proof of parents’ or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of grant)
- Confirmation of the number and age of people residing in your household
- Proof of school fees and the person who pays the school fees
- Letter from your school confirming if you received a bursary/ discount/ fee exemption at the school, if applicable
- Essay about yourself and why you are applying
- Statement of integrity and consent (must be co-signed by a parent or guardian if you are under 18 years old)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MAD LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
30 June 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE PROGRAMME PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Make a Difference Leadership Foundation (MAD) directly:
Tel/ SMS/ WhatsApp: 082 313 9014
Business hours: Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 4 pm.
(Please note that queries will be responded to within 3-5 business days).
Please do NOT contact the MAD Leadership Foundation if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: