John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE JOHN DAVIDSON EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary South Africa: The John Davidson Educational Trust is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for Postgraduate studies in Engineering and Accounting (at Postgraduate Diploma, Honours and Masters level), at selected Universities, namely: the University of Cape Town, the University of KwaZulu-Natal and Rhodes University.
MORE ABOUT THE JOHN DAVIDSON EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
The John Davidson Educational Trust will inform the University of the successful candidates, in March 2022. Applicants who do not receive any feedback from their University by 31 March 2022 at the latest, should regard their application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOHN DAVIDSON EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying towards a Postgraduate Diploma, Honours or Masters qualification in Engineering or Accounting, in 2022
- You must be studying at one of these Universities in South Africa: the University of Cape Town, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Rhodes University
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must show financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JOHN DAVIDSON EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
Download and complete the John Davidson Educational Trust Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Full academic record, including previous years academic transcripts (certified copy)
- Approved leave form, or letter from your employer, confirming that you have been granted study leave for the duration of your studies if only study leave (also state whether you are receiving your salary in part of full, while on study leave)
- A motivational essay stating why you should be awarded the bursary, including details such as: why you are special or different, your financial situation and why you need the bursary, your career goals, your reason for selecting your qualification at postgraduate level, your goals for 5 years time (maximum 300 words)
- Brief Curriculum Vitae about yourself, academic records and other achievements (1 page)
Applications must be submitted to the financial aid office/ advisor of your university.
- University of Cape Town: 2nd Level, Otto Beit Building, Upper Campus (hard-copies must be dropped in the box behind the gate)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal: find the details of your financial aid advisor on your campus here: https://studentfunding.ukzn.ac.za/about-us/
- Rhodes University: Main Administration Block in Room 206: https://www.ru.ac.za/registrar/sub-sections/financialaidoffice/
CLOSING DATE FOR THE JOHN DAVIDSON EDUCATIONAL TRUST BURSARY
1 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the financial aid office at your university directly.
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme