UWP Consulting Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – UWP
UWP Consulting (Pty) Ltd, founded in 1972, is a South African multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that is majority black-owned. Headquartered in Johannesburg, UWP employs approximately 250 staff members across its 4 offices in southern Africa and 10 offices in South Africa.
The company provides various services across a range of sectors, including integrated transportation services; water engineering services; programme and project management services; infrastructure planning services; services for industrial, commercial, civil, residential, health and institutional structures, as well as niche and sector specific services.
The companies goal is to recognised as a top provider of value adding engineering solutions and to enhance the quality of life of people within Sub-Saharan Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
UWP Consulting aim to help educate and development young students within the engineering field, in line with the companies required competencies.
The bursary programme is awarded to undergraduate (BSc (Eng)/ BEng/ BTech) and postgraduate Civil Engineering students.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards a Civil Engineering qualification (BSc Eng/ BTech/ BEng/ Postgraduate)
- Undergraduate students: completed all first year subjects
- Postgraduate students: studying towards a Civil Engineering BTech, BEng or BSc (Eng) qualification
- Studying at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (Technikon or University)
- *Preference will be given to those from a previously disadvantaged community
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: http://www.uwp.co.za/bursary-applications/
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate and results (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date (on tertiary letterhead)
- Latest tertiary fee statement (with breakdown of all study fees)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contactable references
- UWP Bursary Annexure 1 (pdf) – a reference completed by your University or Technicon
31 August 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact UWP directly:
Contact Person: Mrs Bashni Harry (Human Resources Manager)
Tel: 011 709 8420
Please note: you will receive an email from UWP confirming receipt of your application. The email will also contain a reference number which must be used if you are to correspond with UWP.