Standard Bank Operations Learnership 2013
Closing Date: 11 January 2013
he Operations Learnership Programme is a learnership programme targeted at an entry-level role within the Corporate Investment Banking Operations area in the Bank. It is a 12-month programme broken down into 3 months of theoretical training followed by 9 months of practical training (workplace-based). Candidates are allowed to work towards a formal qualification in Banking as well as apply the necessary practical aspects of their learning’s. This means that at the end of the 12-month programme, learners will receive a National Certificate in Banking (NQF 5).
Successful candidates will be required to sign a fixed-term employment contract as well as a learnership contract. They will not be paid a salary but will receive a learner allowance of R3 500 per month.
- Be between the ages of 18-30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed Matric with Mathematics and/or Accounting or Business Studies OR Have completed a Post Matric qualification I .e.3 year Financial or Operations degree/ diploma
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership
The Recruitment Process:
- Closing date for applications is 11 January 2013
- Candidates will be required to complete relevant assessments
The following checks will be conducted:
- Register for Employees Dismissed (RED) checks;
- Credit and criminal record checks;
- Reference checks with previous employers;
- Verification of educational qualifications; and
- Proof of South African citizenship/South African residency/work permit.
How To Apply
Please note that if contact is not made with the applicant by end-February 2013, consider the application as unsuccessful.