South African Association of Botanists Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAAB
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession.
SAAB represents various academic botanical disciplines, with members in universities, academic institutions and research institutions across the country.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | VALUE
The South African Association of Botanists awards “SAAB Scholarships” to students each year.
There will be 3 scholarships awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
There will also be 1 scholarship awarded, to the value of R40 000 for MSc studies.
Successful applicants will be contacted by mid-March 2019 – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Resident in one of the SADC countries (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros)
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently, a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BScHonours degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Students who meet the requirements and would like to apply must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- The motivational letter was written by yourself with a description of your proposed honours/4th-year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your honours/4th-year project supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to SAABsecretary@gmail.com
(Insert the words “SAAB Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Please ensure that your documents are in .pdf format
26 February 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact xxx directly:
Contact Person: Dr Paul Hills
Tel: 021 808 3066