SASSETA Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SASSETA
SASSETA Bursary South Africa, The Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA) was formed to facilitate education and training for the South African safety and security industry. SASSETA is committed to facilitating continuous learning and opportunities for skills transfer and development within the safety and security sector.
SASSETA was formed when the Police, Private Security, Legal and Correctional Services Sector Education and Training Authority (POSLEC SETA) and the Diplomacy, Intelligence, Defence and Trade Education and Training Authority (DIDTETA) merged.
SASSETA is one of 21 SETAs, which are vocational skills training organizations in South Africa. Each SETA covers a different industry and occupation and is responsible for creating and managing various programmes, such as learnerships, internships, apprenticeships and skills programmes within its jurisdiction.
ABOUT THE SASSETA BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED
SASSETA is inviting students to apply for the Discretionary Grants 1st Funding Window bursary programme, for the 2022/ 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to unemployed students, for studies within these fields:
- Artisan and Engineering Programmes addressing Skills for the Economic Reconstruction and Recovery Plan
- Clinical Social Work
- IT Programme Analysis
- IT Programme Development
- IT Software Development
- Paralegal Studies
- Security Management
MORE ABOUT THE SASSETA BURSARY – EXPENSES COVERED | RENEWAL
The bursary will provide cover up to the following values:
- R80 000 per student for full-time studies, for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks, on-campus accommodation or university-approved accommodation and meals.
- R35 000 per student for part-time studies or distance learning, for the following expenses: tuition fees and textbooks.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and may be renewed each year (for the full duration of the study programme), on condition that the bursary recipient pass at least 60% of their modules including their major subject.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SASSETA Bursary.
Applicants must also download and read the SASSETA Bursary Policy 2022 to 2022 (.pdf) before applying.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SASSETA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or registered to study within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2022
- You must be registered or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited public University/ University of Technology/ Public TVET College in South Africa (private institution students may only apply if their course of study is not offered at any of the public institutions)
- You must have a household income of NOT more than R600 000 per annum
- You must be unemployed
- You must NOT be taking part in any other SASSETA-funded programme (internship, learnership or skills programme) within the current financial year (April 2022 to March 2024)
- Preference will be given to; students living with disabilities, female students and students who do NOT have any other bursary funding or NSFAS
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SASSETA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; SASSETA Bursary Application Form 2022
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SASSETA bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy: not older than 6 months)
- Matric certificate or statement of results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ registration for the 2023 academic year. (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID Documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or self-employed, proof of pension or grant if applicable)
Note: supporting documents must not be larger than 20 Megabytes (MB) each.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SASSETA BURSARY
27 January 2023 (at 23:59:59 – Mid-night).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SASSETA directly:
Tel: 011 087 5555 / 011 087 5556 / 011 087 5623