SAPSET Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
The South African Police Service (SAPS) founded the South African Police Service Education Trust (SAPSET) to provide financial assistance to the children of SAPS employees who passed away in the line of duty by covering the costs of their educational needs.
SAPSET financial assistance will be paid directly to the accredited university or institution and will not be made to the applicant or his/her parent/guardian. The bursary is restricted and is subject to the availability of funds and academic performance of the grantee.
SAPSET Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Must be enrolled in an institution accredited by the Department of Basic Education (Grade R to 12) or the Department of Higher Education and/or Council of Higher Education (tertiary education).
- Matric certificate from a registered South African High School or have graduated from a High School outside of South Africa, if applicable
- No criminal records or any involvement
- Proof of financial need
Additional requirements for Higher Education applicants:
- Have a National Senior Certificate
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the SAPSET Bursary application form.
- The following documents must also be submitted:
- Quotation of the fees from the school, institution or college (Only accepts quotes on the school or tertiary institution, college letter head and signed by the Principal in case of Grade R to Grade 12 schools)
- Proof of parents/legal guardian income
- Proof or registration/admission/acceptance letter from school, institution or college
- Proof of residence
- Death Certificate of deceased SAPS employee
- Identity Document of surviving parent or legal guardian
- Beneficiary(child) identity document or birth certificate(in case of a minor)
- Recent academic record/transcript of previous year/semester from the school or tertiary
Office NED 213
2nd Floor, Tulbach Park,
Corner Jan Shoba and Stanza Bopape Street
For any further information, contact the nodal point at 012 432 7581/7630 or email email@example.com