Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY
Located on the West Coast of South Africa, the Saldanha Bay Municipality forms part of the West Coast District Municipality. The Municipality covers an area of more than 2000 square kilometers, with a coastline of over 230 kilometers. Saldanha has Africa’s biggest natural port.
The municipality is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Swartland Municipality and the Bergrivier Municipality. The head office is based in Vredenburg, while satelite offices are located in Paternoster; Langebaan; St Helena Bay; Hopefield and Saldanha.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Saldanha Bay Municipality will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Financial Accounting as a major subject (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Internal Auditing (National Diploma)
- Surveying (National Diploma)
Bursaries will be awarded to 4 students, to the approximate value of R70 000 per student. First year students may apply – the bursary will be extended to a maximum of 3 years, should students follow the bursary condition.
Once students have successfully completed their studies, they will be required to enroll in the Saldanha Bay Municipality internship program.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 25 January 2019 – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studied Mathematics in Matric (not Mathematical Literacy)
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% in Matric OR a minimum average of 50% with a minimum average of 60% for Mathematics
- Have been accepted to study full-time towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- Have been accepted/ provisionally accepted to study at an accredited University or a University of Technology in South Africa
- *Preference will be given to students whose parents live within the municipal area of the Municipality. Partial preference will also be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and those with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect an application form at the Saldanha Bay Municipality Human Resources Management office (12 Main Road, Vredenburg, 7380)
(from 08:00 to 16:30, Monday to Friday)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric September results (certified copy)
- Matric final results (certified copy)
- University acceptance or provisional acceptance letter (send as soon as received)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslips if employed, bank statements if unemployed)
- Parent/ guardian proof of address
- ID documents of dependents on family income (certified copies)
- Affidavit of guardianship if not living with parents
- Motivational letter (one 2 topics: what motivates you to study in your chosen field, why do you think you should receive a bursary – max 1000 words)
Applications must be posted to:
Human Resource Services
Private Bag X12
11 January 2019 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Saldanha Bay Municipality directly:
Contact People: Zindzi Korasie / Sandiso Gcwabe
Tel: 022 701 7092 / 022 701 6895
Fax: 022 715 1518