NRF iThemba LABS Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ITHEMBA LABS
iThemba Laboratory for Accelerator Based Sciences (iThemba LABS), is a National Research Facility managed by the National Research Foundation (NRF). It is the biggest facility for particle and nuclear research on the African continent, as well as being one of only a few facilities which produces radionuclides for commercial, research and medical applications, across the globe.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
iThemba LABS will be awarding bursaries within following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering (BEng/ BTech/ National Diploma)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng)
- Mechatronics (BEng)
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will cover full tuition fees only.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Currently in second year of study within one of the aforementioned fields
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% for first year of study
- Strong academic record
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the iThemba LABS Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic record/ transcript on tertiary institutions letterhead (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
Attn: Ms A Groenewald
(Insert the words “NRF iThemba LABS Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
31 December 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)