NEET (National Economic Education Trust) Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NEET
NEET (National Economic Education Trust), a non-profit organisation, was founded in the early 1990s as an education support system for disadvantaged students, focusing on students who excel in Science and Mathematics.
The organisation started with a government grant of R30 million and over 2 decades later, almost R44 million has been distributed in bursaries and financial support to over 5000 South Africans students. Apart from bursary awards, NEET also provides their studies with continued support during the course of their studies, by way of the online Student Management Portal, as well as internships and job placements once students have graduated.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The National Economic Education Trust bursary programme was set up to help disadvantaged students, by not only funding their tertiary education studies but also by providing continuous support throughout their studies and helping students find job placements or internship programmes.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Agricultural Training and Development
Students not only receive financial support (for prescribed textbooks and stationery) but also continuous monitoring and mentoring to ensure that students reach their full potential. The bursary is mainly focused on students seeking to study in the areas of accounting, science, technology and closely related fields, as these are the sectors where skills are truly lacking.
Please note that NEET requires students to pay a monthly fee contribution of R120 for capturing students’ information on the student Management Portal.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a University/ University of Technology in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport-sized – to be attached to the first page of the application form)
- Matric certificate/ final results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance from University/ University of Technology
- Proof of residence
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslip if employed/ balance sheet if self-employed) (certified copies)
- If self-employed, a balance sheet (certified copy).
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Hand delivery:
3 Austin Road
New applications: 31 October 2021.
Renewal: 15 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NEET directly:
Tel: 010 224 0144
Fax: 086 729 3208