Nedbank Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NEDBANK
Nedbank Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024 | The history of Nedbank dates back to 1831 when the Cape of Good Hope Bank was established. Following numerous name changes; structural changes and rebranding; the Nedbank Group was then formed in 2003.
As one of the four largest banks in South Africa, Nedbank is also one of the newest. The bank is present in 6 countries within the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as owning banks and subsidiaries in Zimbabwe, Namibia, Mozambique, Swaziland, Malawi and Lesotho.
The services offered by the bank include wholesale and retail banking services, wealth management offering, insurance and asset management.
In 1969, Nedbank listed their ordinary shares on the JSE Limited – today they are within the “Top 40” companies on the JSE and boast a market capitalisation of R93 billion.
ABOUT THE NEDBANK BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Nedbank is inviting students to apply for their External Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a first undergraduate qualification (degree or diploma) in ANY field of study, in line with the Nedbank Educational Trust and Green Economy skills.
Green Economy skills are areas of study focused on improving social well-being and social equity, as well as significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological insufficiency (including reduction of carbon emissions and pollution, enhancing natural capital and increasing energy and materials efficiency).
Nedbank will be awarding bursaries to academically deserving students in financial need who are studying or wish to study but lack the financial means to do so. The bursary programme aims to help address scarce skills shortages within South Africa, with a focus on green economy skills.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Nedbank Educational Trust Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study towards your first undergraduate qualification (degree or diploma) in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study full-time at a recognised and accredited public University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have passed Mathematics in Matric (NOT Mathematics Literacy)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for the 2023 academic year. (at Matric or University level)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for all subjects that are aligned to your University qualification
- You must have proven financial need (to be determined by household income)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
Applications must be done online at; Nedbank Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or card (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate AND latest tertiary results, if currently in 1st year at University (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results AND mid-year results, if currently in 2nd or 3rd year at University (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians and all members of the household earning an income: Written consent confirming that they understand that personal details may be requested and given to third parties, in order to verify income
- A completed Nedbank Financial Checks Affidavit (.pdf) – Signed by the applicant AND parent or guardian
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
- All applications will be screened and shortlisted in line with the qualifying criteria.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a virtual interview, and partake in psychometric testing and other assessments.
- After the screening process, applications and results will be assessed by the Nedbank Educational Trust.
- Bursaries will then be awarded at the discretion of the Trust.
- All candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications after the recruitment process is complete.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to also submit the following documents:
Parents, legal guardians and all income-earning members of a shortlisted applicant’s household must provide the following:
- Written consent from parents, guardians and other income earners in your household, stating they understand that personal information will be requested and submitted to third parties to assist the Nedbank Educational Trust with verifying income
- Completed income and expenditure statements from parents, guardians and other income earners in your household
- The following documents, submitted within 7 working days of the application, combined into a single document:
- ID documents of parents, guardians and other income earners in your household
- Proof of income of parents, guardians and other income earners in your household (most recent payslips or letters of employment, not older than 3 months: if employed / proof of income, home loan account statement, and city or town council rates and taxes statement, not older than 3 months: if informal traders or hawkers / IRP5, IT3 and IT12 forms for the past 2 years: if earning commission only / official pension slip or bank statement, not older than 3 months: if receiving income from pension, grant, maintenance, rent, interest from investments)
- 3 months recent bank statements of parents, guardians and other income earners in your household
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
30 June 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered).
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Nedbank Bursary Team directly:
Tel: 0860 555 566
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December