Nedbank Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NEDBANK
The history of Nedbank dates back to 1831 when the Cape of Good Hope Bank was established. Following numerous name changes; structural changes and rebranding; the Nedbank Group was then formed in 2003.
As one of the four largest banks in South Africa, Nedbank is also one of the newest. The bank is present in 6 countries within the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as owning banks and subsidiaries in Zimbabwe, Namibia, Mozambique, Swaziland, Malawi and Lesotho.
The services offered by the bank include wholesale and retail banking services, wealth management offering, insurance and asset management.
In 1969, Nedbank listed their ordinary shares on the JSE Limited – today they are within the “Top 40” companies on the JSE and boast a market capitalisation of R93 billion.
ABOUT THE NEDBANK BURSARY PROGRAMME
Nedbank is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a first undergraduate qualification (degree or diploma) in ANY field of study, that is in line with the Nedbank Educational Trust and Green Economy skills.
Green Economy skills are areas of study focused on improving social well-being and social equity, as well as greatly reducing environmental risks and ecological insufficiency (including reduction of carbon emissions and pollution, enhancing natural capital and increasing energy and materials efficiency).
Nedbank will be awarding bursaries to academically deserving students, in financial need, who are studying or wish to study but are lacking the financial means to do so. The bursary programme aims to help address scarce skills shortages within South Africa, with a focus on green economy skills.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study towards an undergraduate qualification in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study full-time at a South African public University or the University of Technology in 2022
- You must have passed Mathematics in Matric (NOT Mathematics Literacy)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for the current year of study (in Matric or University level)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for all subjects that are aligned to your University degree
- You must have proven financial need (to be determined by household income)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
Applications must be done online at Nedbank Bursary Application 2022
Note: applications will ONLY be accepted via the online platform.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or card (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate AND latest tertiary results, if currently in 1st year at University (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results AND mid-year results, if currently in 2nd or 3rd year at University (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income
- Latest payslips or letters of employment: if employed (no older than 3 months)
- Proof of social grant if applicable
- Affidavit if unemployment
- Proof of income, home loan statement, and council rates and taxes statement: if an informal trader or hawker (no older than 3 months)
- IRP5, IT3 and IT12 forms for the last 2 years: if a commission earner only
- Official pension slip or bank statement: if receiving a pension, grant, maintenance, rent or interest from investments (no older than 3 months)
- 3 months latest bank statements
- Death certificate, if deceased
- Parents/ guardians and all members of the household earning an income: Written consent confirming that they understand that personal details may be requested and given to third parties, in order to verify income
- A completed and Nedbank Financial Checks Affidavit (.pdf) and signed by the applicant and parent/ guardian
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
- All applications will be screened and shortlisted in line with the qualifying criteria.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a virtual interview, partake in psychometric testing and other assessments.
- After the screening process, applications and results will be assessed by the Nedbank Educational Trust.
- Bursaries will then be awarded at the discretion of the Trust.
- All candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications after the recruitment process is complete.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NEDBANK BURSARY
31 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered).
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Nedbank Bursary Team directly:
Tel: 0860 555 566
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round