Nedbank Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NEDBANK
The history of Nedbank dates back to 1831 when the Cape of Good Hope Bank was established. Following numerous name changes; structural changes and rebranding; the Nedbank Group was then formed in 2003.
As one of the four largest banks in South Africa, Nedbank is also one of the newest. The bank is present in 6 countries within the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as owning banks and subsidiaries in Zimbabwe, Namibia, Mozambique, Swaziland, Malawi and Lesotho.
The services offered by the bank include wholesale and retail banking services, wealth management offering, insurance and asset management.
In 1969, Nedbank listed their ordinary shares on the JSE Limited – today they are within the “Top 40” companies on the JSE and boast a market capitalisation of R93 billion.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
Nedbank is offering bursary awards to help students pursue their dreams and get the qualifications they need for a bright future. As is Nedbank’s motto to “Make Things Happen”, so they are looking for students who they believe will be the future of the country – students who will “Make Things Happen”.
Each year, bursaries are awarded to students in financial need who are studying or wish to study towards a university degree qualification (but are lacking the financial means to do so).
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE & SELECTION PROCESS
The Nedbank bursary will provide coverage for tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, meals, accommodation and a monthly allowance to cover additional study related expenses.
The bursary selection process encompasses these steps:
1) Apply online (per the details below).
2) A financial check will be conducted to ensure that you are in financial need and are unable to fund your studies.
3) Suitable candidates will then be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
4) The interview assessment will be held at the Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg offices.
5) Shortlisted candidates will be screened and a list of possible recipients will be drafted.
6) Successful applicants will be contacted and informed of the outcome.
7) Bursary offers will be issued to successful applicants.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- In possession of a valid South African ID document
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric in the last 2 years
- Currently studying OR have registered to study towards a “scarce skill” degree qualification
- Currently studying OR have registered to study full-time at a South Africa public University/ University of Technology
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% in Matric
- Meet your University/ University of Technology entrance requirements (of your selected University)
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://goo.gl/tH6xA6
You will be required to create an account before you can login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (3 months latest payslips/ proof of grant/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased)
31 August 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Nedbank directly:
Tel: 011 885 3908
Fax: 011 885 2927