National Arts Council of SA Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NAC
The National Arts Council of South Africa (NAC) was established via an act of parliament in 1997 with the aim of promoting the free expression of cultures in South Africa, through arts.
Managed by the South African Department of Arts and Culture, the NAC are responsible for the countries creative industry development, by way of grant awards in the arts faculty. The Council is one of the major funding bodies for artists in the country.
ABOUT THE NAC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The National Arts Council of South Africa (NAC) is inviting students to apply for the international bursary award, for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary will fund undergraduate and postgraduate studies in art fields, which are supported by the NAC, including:
- Visual Arts
Selection will be based on 5 main criteria:
1) artistic merit
2) financial need
3) credibility of the qualification
4) acceptance at a tertiary institution
5) prestige of the institution
MORE ABOUT THE NAC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, RENEWABILITY & SELECTION
The bursary award will be a maximum of R250 000 and will be awarded once each financial year. The bursary is renewable each year, for the full duration of the qualification, subject to the bursary recipient completing each year and abiding by grant conditions.
Candidates will be informed of the final outcome by no later than 31 October 2021. Students who do not receive any feedback should regard their application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NAC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate and postgraduate or qualification, in one of the aforementioned arts fields
- You must be studying or have applied to study at a recognised institution outside of South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NAC BURSARY
Applications must be done online at; National Arts Council (NAC) Bursary Application
Candidates must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with their online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy, no older than 6 months old)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of application or acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institution letterhead)
- Academic Transcript
- Fees Structure
- Students banking details
- 2 reference letters (signed, dated and no older than 18 months)
- Students proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable, death certificates if deceased)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NAC BURSARY
3 September 2021 (at 23:55).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the NAC directly:
The National Arts Council of South Africa (NAC)
Tel: 087 7000 683