NAACAM Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NAACAM
NAACAM (National Association of Automotive Component | Allied Manufacturers) represents the automotive component industry in South Africa. The internationally-recognised company are proud to be leading the pack in the automotive component manufacturing industry in South Africa.
NAACAM offers many specialised service solutions, including networking, marketing and profile building for members and the automotive components sector; top tier representation with government and other industry stakeholders; keeping current with information on key trends and current issues impacting the sector; increasing business development nationally and regionally; building and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers in the vehicle assembler community; best practice education and recommendations on policy, regulatory and other strategic industry topics; salary and other industrial relations negotiations in the auto components sector.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
NAACAM, with support from the Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services Sector Education and Training Authority (merSETA), is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for studies within the Engineering sector. The bursary will provide funding for 15 students, pursuing their studies at a University of Technology, within these fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be between 18 and 25 years old
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be studying full time towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications
- Must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Must be studying at a University of Technology in South Africa
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged communities
- Preference will also be given to students who are immediate family members of employees of NAACAM manufacturing member companies (find out which companies are NAACAM member companies here)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic record for 2nd or 3rd year (on institutions letterhead)
- Full detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter (introducing yourself, how you will maintain a strong academic record and why you should be awarded the bursary)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com
(Insert the words “NAACAM Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
*Please note: there is no application form, students need only send the above-listed documents.
8 March 2022 (at 23:59).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NAACAM directly:
Tel: 011 392 4060 / 011 392 5748