Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) Bursary 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MISA
The Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA), a sector of the South African government, is responsible for supporting and contributing to developing technical capacity towards sustained accelerated municipal infrastructure and service delivery.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The MISA Bursary will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (BSc: Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc: Engineering)
- Construction Management (Bachelors degree)
- Environmental Management (Bachelors degree)
- Urban and Regional Planning (BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The MISA bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric or currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time studies within one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate studies only)
- Studying or intend at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Total household income of less than R120 000 per year
- Students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Willing to sign a commitment to take up employment/ candidate/ experiential learning within the South African local government sector for 12-24 months
- *Preference will be given to students from rural areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the MISA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation on your online application profile (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the reference number of your field of study in the email subject line).
(Attention: Ms Nobuhle Latha or Ms Thulisile Mosoeu)
Civil Engineering (ref: MISA 2020 – 13974)
Electrical Engineering (ref: MISA 2020 – 13979)
Construction Management (ref: MISA 2020 – 99600)
Environmental Management (ref: MISA 2020 – 12083)
Urban and Regional Planning (ref: MISA 2020 – 91872)
*PS: faxed, hand delivered and posted applications will NOT be considered.
4 October 2019 (at 16:30).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) directly:
Contact Person: Ms Nobuhle Latha / Ms Thulisile Mosoeu
Tel: 012 848 5529 / 012 848 5562