Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MTEMA MASHAO
Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd, founded in 2002, is a firm of dynamic professional engineers and project managers. The company provides affordable solutions by way of professional services, within the following fields: Project Management; Structural Engineering; Road Engineering; Municipal Engineering; Water and Wastewater; Geotechnical Investigations.
The company is black led and has a staff force of 1 professional technologist, 2 technologists, 3 professional engineers, 7 experienced civil engineering technicians and 8 engineers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The Mtema Mashao Bursary Scheme was initiated with the aim of assisting potential future employees, by funding their studies and improving their skills and education within the sector. Bursaries will be awarded to students who wish to study and pursue a career within the Engineering sector.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals.
Bursary recipients will be required to take part in vacation working during the June and December holidays. Once students have graduated, they must work at Mtema Mashao for at least the equivalent duration as bursary funding received (as a minimum)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 18 and 26 years old
- Excellent academic record – must have achieved a minimum “C” symbol average
- *Preference will be given to financially needing students who meet tertiary institution admission requirements
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Mtema Mashao Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Please also download and agree to the Mtema Mashao Bursary T&C’s (.pdf) before applying
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Latest academic records/ school exam results (certified copies),
- Certificates of qualifications (certified copies),
- Proof of tertiary acceptance/ registration (letter from the tertiary institution),
- Details of intended course of study,
- Invoice/ list of expenses for intended course of study,
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ affidavit if unemployed),
- Research proposal (for Masters students only).
Applications must be posted to:
Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 78
30 October annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Mtema Mashao Consulting Engineers directly:
Tel: 013 752 3929/ 013 752 3930