Mopani District Municipality Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MOPANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
The Mopani District Municipality is named after the Mopani Worm found in Giyani, which is a high nutritious worm that is cooked by locals in different ways and an essential element of local cuisine.
Located in the Limpopo province, Mopani is one of the 5 districts within the province and its seat in Giyani. Mopani is home to over 1 million residents and is well known for its wildlife (which include the Big 5), waterfalls, forests, mountains and trout streams. It is also part of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park, the park where South Africa meets Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
The Mopani District Municipality is inviting students who reside in the Mopani District Municipal Area, to apply for their bursary programme. The bursary will cover undergraduate studies in ANY field of study, for students who have Matriculated and been accepted into tertiary studies.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 31 March 2021 at the latest – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside within the Mopani Municipal area, in Limpopo province
- Must have completed Matric
- Must have achieved a Bachelor admission pass in Matric
- Must be unemployed
- Must have been accepted to study towards an undergraduate qualification (in any field)
- Must have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Students who have completed their 1st year of study may apply, with a strong motivational letter
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and disabled students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Mopani District Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected at any of the following locations: Giyani District Office, Fire Stations and Satellite Offices (including the Tzaneen Disaster Management Centre).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ admission (on institutes letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Full detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ bank statements if self-employed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable/ death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of Residence (to be signed by Traditional Authority and Ward Councillor)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Municipal Manager
Mopani District Municipality
Private Bag x9687
2) Hand delivery:
12 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Mopani District Municipality directly:
Contact People: Khosa Ps / Mabunda O
Tel: 015 811 6300 / 076 308 2525