Hensoldt Optronics Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – HENSOLDT OPTRONICS
Hensoldt is a multinational corporation with headquarters in Munich, Germany; whose main product areas include avionics; radar and optoelectronics. The company focuses on sensor technologies, to provide missions the defence, security and aerospace sectors with protection and surveillance.
In 2019, HENSOLDT South Africa was launched, which merges 2 South African entities, namely GEW Technologies and Optronics (Pty) Ltd. HENSOLDT Optronics (Pty) Ltd, located in South Africa, is one of the top optronics companies which provides innovative sensor products and integrated support solutions clients across the globe.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
Hensoldt Optronics will be awarding bursaries to female students, within the Engineering (BTech/ BEng/ BSc) sector.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, stationary, accommodation and a monthly allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 14 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying full-time towards an Engineering qualification (BTech/ BEng/ BSc)
- Studying OR intend on studying at a recognised and accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Meet the criteria for your selected qualification, at your selected institution
- Passed all subjects for the current year of study, if currently studying at tertiary level
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of enrolment or acceptance at a tertiary institution
- Motivational letter to support your application (certified affidavit)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Hensoldt Optronics Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
16 December 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Hensoldt Optronics Pty Ltd directly:
Tel: 012 674 0215 / 012 421 6200