Engen Petroleum Bursaries South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ENGEN
Engen Petroleum, was established in 1990 as Mobil Oil, but it wasn’t until 1993 that the South African oil and gas company changed its name to Engen. Engen Limited is jointly owned by PETRONAS (who owns 74%), PHEMBANI (who owns 21.2%) and a Phembani-led consortium (who owns 4.8%).
The organisation exports their products to 30 countries throughout Africa and Indian Ocean Islands. They are active in many African countries including South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland, Mozambique, Mauritius, Tanzania, Kenya, Lesotho, Ghana, Malawi, Rwanda, Burundi, Gabon, The Democratic Republic of the Congo and Réunion.
The South African oil and gas company focuses on the products market of downstream refined petroleum and related businesses. They have partnered with big name South African businesses such as Steers, Wimpy, Debonairs and Woolworths who have outlets at various Engen service stations.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Engen and invited to attend an interview – if you do not receive any feedback then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- In possession on a valid ID document
- Completed Matric
- In possession of a valid National Senior Certificate
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards a Degree in Supply Chain (BCom)
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- Have the following personal attributes: have a flair for numbers; an eye for attention to detail; a strong team player; highly self motivated; are resilient and have a positive attitude and outlook
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: http://engen.graduaterecruitment.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/Browse/
Before you can apply, you will be required to Register an account here: http://engen.graduaterecruitment.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Register
You may then Login and apply: http://engen.graduaterecruitment.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Login
Apply by selecting the bursary you would like to apply for, select the “Apply” button at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
You will be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric National Senior Certificate (certified copy of)
- University proof of registration
- Curriculum Vitae
30 April 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Engen directly:
Department: Head Office
Tel: 021 403 4911