Dell SA Development Fund (DDF) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DELL SA DEVELOPMENT FUND (DDF)
The Dell SA Development Fund (DDF) was formed with the goal of providing access to technology and education and thereby improving social conditions in South Africa. The Dell Development Fund aims to help provide South African youth with access to technology and the opportunity to gain practical experience and knowledge.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Dell South Africa is inviting students to apply for the Dell SA Development Fund (DDF) bursary, for the 2021 academic year. South African students who have completed Matric and are interested in furthering their studies should apply.
Students pursuing studies in these fields will be given preference:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following study-related expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, book fees, residence (on or off campus), meals or daily food allowance, travelling costs if living off-campus and any other study-related expenses.
Please note that only students who have been shortlisted for the bursary will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please accept that your application was not successful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South Africa citizen
- Must have completed Matric
- Must have been accepted to study towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the aforementioned fields
- Must have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa
- Must NOT hold any other bursary awards/ scholarships/ sponsorships from another company, for the 2021 academic year
- Must have a total household income of no more than R450 000 per annum
- Must be willing to take part in the Dell internship program after graduation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Dell SA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document or Passport (certified copy)
- Recent ID photograph of yourself (to be attached to the application form)
- Most recent examination results (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if available (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to the tertiary institution
- Breakdown of the following expenses: registration fee, tuition fees for your selected course, book fees, residence fees or self-catering accommodation fees, meals or daily food allowance if residing in self-catering accommodation, travelling costs if staying off-campus and any other study-related expenses (please ensure that these amounts are correct as these will be the amounts paid if the bursary is awarded)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (recent payslips with full income and other benefits, if employed/ signed sworn affidavit before a commissioner of oaths, if unemployed/ pension slip: certified copy, if receiving pension/ audited financial statement or sworn affidavit stating gross monthly income, if self-employed or an informal sector worker)
- Parents or guardians death certificate, if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce decree and details of any maintenance payments, if divorced and paying maintenance
- 2 contactable references who can recommend you (not family members)
- Motivational letter (describing yourself, why you should be awarded the bursary and why you chose your field of study
Completed application forms and supporting documents must be delivered to the financial aid office at your tertiary institution (on or before the closing date).
1) Faxed and emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
2) All supporting documents must be attached to the back of the completed application form.
31 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Dell South Africa Development Fund directly:
Contact person: Petra de Witt (Enterprise & Supplier Development Program)
Tel: 0800 167 000