CSIR Materials Science and Manufacturing Internship
Closing Date: 06 July 2012
The CSIR’s intern programme aims to provide newly qualified professionals with the opportunity to gain experiential training at the CSIR, one of South Africa’s leading research organisations. The Materials Science and Manufacturing (MSM) unit invites newly qualified professionals in mechatronics, computer engineering and computer science to apply for an Internship within the Mechatronics and Mincromanufacturing competency area. This contract position is for 12 months and is based in Pretoria.
- Supervise projects, design and develop mechanical structures, electronic designs or programming, or possibly a combination thereof.
- Experimentation on electronics, robots and instrumentation.
- CAD, either mechanical or electronic.
- Build and test prototypes.
- Component ordering and stock management of the laboratory.
- Ensure the safe operation of the laboratory.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A minimum of a BTech degree.
- Good computer literacy.
- All of the following are desirable:
- Innovative and entrepreneurial thought;
- Drive to succeed;
- Passion for knowledge and knowledge generation;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and to empower or enable others;
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Being organised and diligent;
- Planning skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Problem-solving skills; and
- Project management skills.
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to the URL indicated below to apply; select the position reference number 301305; complete the application form and attach your CV: www.csir.co.za/apply.php
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (about positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted within a month of the closing date and that the CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.