City of Johannesburg Emergency Management Services Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Emergency Management Services (EMS) are a vital part of any city – the Johannesburg EMS are the organisation that residents turn to in cases of emergency. The City of Johannesburg EMS includes emergency and firefighting staff who attend to around 250 000 calls per year, to help save lives and property.
The EMS have 28 base stations, Johannesburg is one of the largest emergency services units in Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The City of Johannesburg EMS is offering 30 bursary award programmes to students who will be the future emergency staff.
The bursary will be awarded to full-time undergraduate students, studying in one of the following fields: National Diploma: Fire Technology OR Bachelors Degree: Emergency Medical Care.
The bursary award covers tuition fees, registration fees, prescribed textbooks and or study materials.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements before applying:
- Good academic record with a minimum D Symbol in Science and Mathematics,
- South African citizen,
- Reside in Johannesburg,
- Between 17 and 25 years old,
- Physically fit,
- Combined household income of no more than R15 000 per month,
- Must study at Tshwane University of Technology OR University of Johannesburg
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must submit a copy of their Curriculum Vitae, as well as the following documents:
- Most recent academic record (certified copy),
- South African ID Document (certified copy),
- Proof of residence in Johannesburg (utility bill) (certified copy),
- Proof of household income (certified copy) or affidavit.
Applications must be delivered to:
Public Safety Headquarters (Martindale), Braamfontein Metro Center
Florida Park, ivory Park, Dube, Diepsloot, Berea, Jabulani, Eldorado Park. Orange Farm, Alexandra
via email: email@example.com
29 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any bursary related queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 222 8081