Athlone Institute Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
About Athlone Institute
The Athlone Institute was founded by the five churches namely Bethel Congregational Church (currently the Bethel United Congregational Church), Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Immanuel URC, St. Stephen’s Anglican Church and Zions Reformed Church (currently the Zions Uniting Reformed Church) to provide Higher Education facilities for the so-called coloured community. The Athlone Institute was initially built as a Teacher’s Training School for the training of teachers from post-STD VI-level.
Athlone Institute Bursaries
The Athlone Institute Bursary Project Fund (AIBPROF) was formerly named Bursary Project Committee was established in 1998. AIBPROF has assisted in more than 1,500 students by giving bursaries and bursary loans to deserving students from the Paarl and Mbekweni communities.
Bursaries are available each year to senior students (2nd, 3rd year etc) while bursary loans are available to first-year students who register for accredited qualification. Successful applicants are allowed to supplement the bursary with a loan or additional bursaries. Bursaries are paid directly to the institution where the grantee is studying and should be used for education purposes only.
Athlone Institute Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Member of one of the member churches of the Athlone Institute Trust or Paarl/Mbekweni permanent resident and a parishioner of his/her church
- Full-time student at an accredited tertiary institution by Register of Higher Education Institution and the Council of Higher Learning
- Good academic performance and records
How to Apply and Application Details
- Complete the application form which can be downloaded here: Athlone Institute Bursary Application Form (pdf)
- Provide these documents with your application form and send them to the contact details below:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of Matric results (First-Year Students)
- Certified letter of Academic records (Senior Students)
- Certified Proof of Registration
- Copy of payment for Registration Fees.
- Proof of applicant’s Residence
- Certified copies of proof of income of your parent/guardian
- Sworn affidavits if parent(s)/guardian(s) are unemployed
- No emailed or faxed application, only mailed application will be considered.
13 February annually
Post: The Secretary, PO Box 846, Huguenot, 7645
Tel: 021 862 7777