Advance Africa Scholarship 2024
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER – ACCESS BANK & UDACITY
Advance Africa Scholarship 2024 | Access Bank Plc (known as Access Bank) is a Nigerian multinational commerce bank owned by the Access Bank group and licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Access Bank plc has a number of subsidiaries, not only in Nigeria, but also countries such as Congo, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Zambia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. The Access Bank Group also has a number of representatives in China, India, Lebanon, and the United Arab Emirates.
Udacity is a leading non-profit educational organization, allowing lifelong learners the opportunity to enhance their skills and secure a professional job. Their mission is to train the world’s workforce by specializing in the careers of the future.
Udacity partners with many leading tech companies, focused on learning how technology transforms the industry and teaching these critical skills to the future workforce.
Udacity prides itself on its flexible and digital educational platform, where even the busiest of students can engage in the most in-demand tech jobs.
ABOUT THE ADVANCE AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Access Bank, partnered with Udacity, is inviting students to apply for their scholarship programme. The Advance Africa scholarship will provide 5000 scholarship awards to deserving candidates across Africa.
This fully digital programme aims to source exceptional candidates who are interested in enhancing their skills and achieving mastery within the digital field. Through the scholarship award, Access Bank and Udacity hopes to give these students the opportunity to succeed and secure an education for free.
Successful candidates will form part of a teach-focused community, aimed at establishing a network of young individuals, inspiring many across the continent. These candidates will gain knowledge from industry experts, gaining experience through real-world scenarios and various IT/ Digital courses.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Advance Africa Scholarship.
MORE ABOUT THE ADVANCE AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Benefits of the Advance Africa Scholarship:
- Remote learning: This allows you to learn at your own pace and in your own time frame.
- An exceptional curriculum, designed by experts: The Advance Africa scholarship has been developed in partnership with some of the world’s leading tech companies, with classes taught by industry professionals.
- An opportunity for full-time employment: The scholarship award could also open doors for employment. There are a number of opportunities for the candidate to gain hands-on experience from the bank and engage in project work within teams.
Courses covered by the Advance Africa scholarship:
- App Development
- Business Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Data Analysis
- Data Science
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Web Development
How the programme works:
- During the programme, the successful candidates will be given the opportunity to compete and discover their abilities in various avenues. They will engage in taster sessions, designed to test problem solving, community challenge, conflict resolution, and employability skills.
- Candidates who successfully complete the course, will be given a badge (Nanodegree) which they can display on various social media platforms, such as LinkedIn.
- Level 1: The top candidates from the previous level will then be granted the opportunity to engage in intermediate nanodegrees.
- Level 2: Successful candidates of level one will then be given a scholarship award and enter level two where they will obtain an advanced nanodegree. The duration of this part of the programme is two months.
- Candidates who successfully completed all assessments and programs, may have the opportunity to be selected for permanent roles.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADVANCE AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be from any of the following countries: Botswana, Cameroon, DR Congo, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa or Zambia
- You must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years old
- You must be a STEM graduate OR show evidence of a strong interest in IT/ career in the Digital Environment (such evidence must be supported by documentation in the application process)
- You must have access to a laptop
- You must have access to a strong Wi-Fi/ data network
- You must have access to a strong power supply
- You must be fully committed to the full duration of the programme
- You must give pre-consent during the application process for the company to share your data with the bank
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ADVANCE AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at: Advance Africa Scholarship Application
Follow the above link. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and fill in the contact form. Access Bank will be in contact if you qualify.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Advance Africa Scholarship.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ADVANCE AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Advance Africa directly:
Contact Portal: https://www.advance-africa.org/
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here