Vodacom Bursary 2014
Closing Date: 30 June 2013
Vodacom is committed to addressing the ICT skills shortage in South Africa. To address this need, we provide fifty students with bursaries annually to study in fields in which there are skills shortages. Top-achieving students from disadvantaged communities are chosen to study in the ICT and engineering sectors.
Since the scheme was started in 1999, more than 1 000 bursaries have been awarded.
Areas of study
Applicants can apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary if they intend to qualify for one of the following fields of study:
Engineering and Operations
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Light Current only);
- BSc Computer Science;
- BSc Computer Engineering; or
- Information Systems
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants need to meet the following requirements to apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary.
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- be a member of a family whose total household income does not exceed R150 000 per year
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum “C” symbol in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade
- must be younger than 25 years
- may apply if already in his/her first year of studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet all criteria above
How to Apply