Truworths Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TRUWORTHS
Truworths, a South African clothing retailer, was established in 1917 as The Alliance Trading Company. The company currently has 728 stores across South Africa, as well as 49 stores in other parts of Africa, where they retail a range of women; men and kids fashion apparel and accessories.
Truworths are part of the investment holding company, Truworths International, whose retail group includes other stores such as YDE, Uzzi and Identity. The retailer currently employs more than 11 000 staff members across its stores and has a turnover in excess of R18 billion per annum.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Truworths is awarding bursaries to students who are studying in fields related to (and wish to pursue a career in) the fashion and retail industry.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Clothing Production
- Fashion/ Textile Design
- Retail Management
- Consumer Science
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to attend an interview. Please note that if you do not receive any feedback from Truworths, your application has not been successful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study (degree or national diploma qualification)
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution
- Good academic record
- *Preference will be given to students with disabilities, as well as previously disadvantaged students in 2nd or 3rd year of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://careers.truworths.co.za
You will be required to register an account before you can log in and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of registration for the current and upcoming year (on tertiary letterhead)
- Motivational letter (explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary and where you see your future – in max 250 words)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Truworths directly:
Tel: 021 460 2300
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to also read the FAQ’s before submitting your query: https://www.truworths.co.za/en_za/careers/careerfaq