SA Chefs Bill Gallagher Study Assistance Bursary Fund South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SA CHEFS
The South African Chefs Association (SA Chefs) is a non-profit industry body which represents talented chefs, cooks and caterers at all levels within the country. Founded in 1974, the Association currently has in excess of 9600 members, including cooks, chefs, restaurateurs, catering and hotel company directors, culinary educators, apprentices and trainees.
SA Chefs plays a vital role in training and improving the standards of the hospitality industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The South African Chefs Association will be awarding the Bill Gallagher Study Assistance Fund to young trainee who are studying to become a chef. Students must be pursuing their studies towards a recognised culinary training programme at a SACA-approved culinary institution.
This is a bridging fund (partial bursary) for study expenses such as: exam fees, course fee subsidies, course related field visits, uniforms, knives, textbooks and resources.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Bill Gallagher Young Chefs Study Assistance Fund Selection Panel – if you have not received any feedback within 2 months of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen and resident OR South African permanent resident
- Between 18 and 25 years old
- Completed Matric or equivalent
- Enrolled to study towards a recognised culinary training programme (course of study must be a minimum of 12 months)
- Enrolled to study at an SA Chefs Training Member institution
- An SA Chefs Member OR intend on becoming an SA Chefs Member once enrolled at culinary school
- Intend on pursuing a career in professional cookery
- Willing to be available to SA Chefs and sponsors for PR purposes
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the: Bill Gallagher Study Assistance Bursary Fund Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Acceptance letter from the Culinary Institution
- SA Chefs Membership Number
- Motivational letter from your principal or lecturer (on school letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Bill Gallagher Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
31 March 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the South African Chefs Association directly:
Tel: 011 482 7250