Road Traffic Infringement Agency Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – RTIA
The Road Traffic Infringement Agency (RTIA) is an independent adjudicator of traffic fines and infringements that have been issued under the Administrative Adjudication of Road Traffic Offences (AARTO) Act.
The RTIA’s goal is to encourage the levying of penalties; impose demerit points; ensure compliance of South African road traffic laws by way of education and communication programmes; reward compliant road users, encourage reasonable, lawful and fair administrative adjudication; and encourage effective suspension and cancellation of operator cards and driving licences.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SERVICE CONTRACT
The Road Traffic Infringement Agency will be awarding bursaries within the following fields:
- Road Traffic Management (Degree/ National Diploma)
- BCom Finance
Once bursary recipients have graduated, they will be required to do counter-service within the RTIA.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study/ qualifications
- Studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- NOT in receipt of any other bursary funding
- Currently unemployed
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the RTIA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Qualification certificates for any diplomas/ degrees completed (certified copy of)
- Latest academic record (certified copy of)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ admission letter
- Explanation as to what you’re doing if not currently studying/ enrolled
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed: certified copies of/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Motivational letter
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: Bursaries@rtia.co.za
2) Hand delivery:
Waterfall Edge B
Waterfall Office Park
The Human Resources Division
P.O Box 6341
(Please note: applications must be marked for the attention of Mr Ignatius Chavalala)
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)