Promaths Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PROMATHS
Promaths is a programme offering extra tuition to students since 1996; delivered by Kutlwanong Maths, Science and Technology Centre. The programme was founded as the results of poor Mathematics and Science marks in high schools across the country – it aims to support high school pupils by improving their Mathematics and Science results
Funded by Investec and numerous other funders, the programme has had a successful 11-year track record of assisting students in Maths and Science, as well as producing students with ambition, discipline and are high achievers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | SELECTION
The Promaths Bursary, fully administered by the StudyTrust, are awarding bursaries to full-time University and University of Technology students to pursue their studies in a rare skills field. Bursaries are for Promaths alumni, who have attended a Promaths or Kutlwanong centre.
Applicants can expect to receive the outcome of their application via email by 21 December 2020. If you have not received any correspondence by 15 January 2021, please contact StudyTrust.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Strong academic potential
- Passed all previous subjects
- Attended a Promaths or Kutlwanong centre in South Africa
- Accepted to study towards rare skills national diploma or degree qualification
- Accepted to study full time at a recognised public tertiary institution in South Africa
- Proven financial need
- Preference will be given to female students and residing in rural areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://leap.ly/campaign/study-trust
You will be required to register an account before you can log in and apply. This is the preferred method of application.
2) By downloading and completing the StudyTrust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Only for current Matric students and Gap year students who do NOT have internet access. A valid email address is required.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 086 538 1537.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or hardcopy application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional admission to a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photo of you (head and shoulders only)
- Testimonial from an Educational Official
- Parents/ guardians/ household proof of income (salary or wage slips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit stating annual income if self-employed/ 3 months most recent bank statements or latest audited financial statement if they own a business/ SASSA letter stating grants received if applicable/ death certificate if deceased/ letter from the court stating child support amount if parents are divorced or affidavit from a parent stating the child support amount received if parents are separated)
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust directly:
Fax: 086 538 1537
Email: email@example.com / applications@StudyTrust.org.za