Grassroots Youth Development Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MASINYUSANE DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION
Masinyusane Development Organization, founded in 2008, is one of the top education and advocacy organisations within Port Elizabeth, South Africa. The aim of the organisation is to create opportunities for the impoverished youth of South African – to assist them with acquiring quality education and develop the skills they need for a successful life.
The organisation’s motto is “EDUCATION WITH LOVE in South Africa” – they are determined to invest in the future of South Africa, by an outpouring of love, opportunities; and support for youth and schools.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Grassroots Youth Development Bursary Programme, run by the Masinyusane Development Organization, is inviting students who reside within the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, Sarah Baartman Municipality and Sundays River Valley Local Municipality to apply for their bursary programme.
Students who are interested in following a career with the Mathematics, Sciences and Renewable Energy sector, and who are currently studying or those who have registered to study, towards an undergraduate Degree or Diploma qualification may apply for the Grassroots Youth Development Bursary for 2021.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | RENEWABILITY
The bursary will provide coverage (either partial or full cover) of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed study materials, accommodation and a living allowance stipend or transport fees.
Bursaries will be awarded for 1 academic year at a time. Bursary recipients are required to reapply for bursary funding each year, which will be granted based on academic performance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric
- Must reside in one of these municipalities: Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, Sarah Baartman Municipality or the Sundays River Valley Local Municipality
- Must be studying or registered to study full time towards an undergraduate Degree or Diploma qualification
- Must be studying or registered to study at a recognised University or College in South Africa
- Must intend on pursuing a career in the Mathematics, Sciences and Renewable Energy industry
- Must have a total combined household income of NO MORE than R350 000 per year
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
1) Online application: 2023 Grassroots Bursary Application
2) By downloading and completing the Grassroots Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to a University or College, if entering your 1st year of study in 2023 (on tertiary letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
Students who are under 18 years old or those dependent on household income (parents/ guardians), must also submit the following:
- Proof of address (municipal account/ affidavit from Ward Councillor)
- Proof of household income and proof of parents/ guardians employment status (payslip if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ social grant slip or SASSA letter if receiving a grany/ death certificate if deceased) (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians 3 months recent bank statements
* Please note: all supporting documents must be certified at a Police Station/ Post Office, and not be older than 6 months.
Hard copy applications must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Grassroots Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
17 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Masinyusane directly: