Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EPHRAIM MOGALE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
The Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality, located in Limpopo within the Sekhukhune District, is a Category B municipality and is the smallest of the districts 4 municipalities. The municipality established after the local election in 2000, with the merger of Marble Hall and 8 former Transitional Local Council (TLC)’s.
The Municipality has 16 wards and its seat is Marble Hall. The Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality covers an area of over 2000 km2, has a current population of over 120 000 residents and was previously known as the Greater Marble Hall Local Municipality, until 2010.
The Municipalities main economic sectors include finance, construction, mining, trade, transport, agriculture and tourism.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Communication Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Records Management
- Town Planning
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- A resident of the Ephraim Mogale Local municipality jurisdictional area
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or plan to study full-time recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Studying or plan in one of the aforementioned fields of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
The latest application form can be collected from the Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality and Satelite offices, at one of the following branches: Elandskraal/ Leeuwfontein/ Zamenkomst.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate OR Matric statement of results
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies of)
- Parents/ guardians latest payslips (certified copies of)
- Motivational letter (explaining why you require financial assistance and why you deserve a bursary for your field of study)
Applications must be submitted to:
Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality
PO Box 111
(Mark the application as follows: “Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality Bursary Application – Your Full Name”).
PS: No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
31 October 2021
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ephraim Mogale Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr JT Phasha (Municipal Spokesperson)
Tel: 013 261 8419 / 082 575 8030
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round