Department of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform (DRDAR) Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DRDAR
The Department of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform (DRDAR) is responsible for the implementation of progressive rural development, land reform and food security programmes in the country.
As one of the departments of the South African government, the DRDAR’s mission is to promote and support rural development and agrarian reform interventions that will help alleviate poverty by way of integrated food security programmes and job creation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SERVICE CONTRACT
The Department of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform (DRDAR) bursary will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Agriculture (Entomology) (BSc)
- Agricultural Economics (BSc)
- Agricultural Engineering (BSc)
- Bioresource Engineering (BSc)
- Vet Technologist (BSc)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)
Bursary recipients may be required to work for the Eastern Cape Department of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform once they have completed their studies.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive feedback within 30 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Passed Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Studying or plan to study within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have been provisionally accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
- *Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students who reside within the Eastern Cape
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms can be collected at any of the Rural Development and Agrarian Reform and Departmental offices.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of admission or provisional admission to study at a tertiary institute
- Parent/ guardian’s ID documents (certified copies)
- Parent/ guardian’s proof of income (affidavit regarding family financial status)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Manager: Human Resource Development Department of Rural Development & Agrarian Reform
Private Bag x 0040
2) Hand delivered:
(Please note that faxed and emailed applications will NOT be accepted)
30 November 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the DRDAR directly:
Contact Person: Mr M. Nzimande / Ms L. Mqedazwe
Tel: 040 602 5220 / 040 602 5222 / 040 602 5223