Cida Empowerment Trust Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CIDA EMPOWERMENT TRUST
The CIDA Empowerment Trust aim to create a positive effect on poor communities, by assisting students to gain a quality education.
Over the course of a decade, the CIDA Empowerment Trust has awarded bursaries to more than 1000 academically deserving students in South Africa. Bursaries are awarded for 4–year Bachelor of Education Degrees and 2-year Post Graduate Certificates, depending on the needs of the trust. The educational bursaries are also coupled with internships at partner schools.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The CIDA Teacher Development Internship Programme is aimed at students who wish to pursue a career in teaching Science or Mathematics. Students must be suitably qualified and intend on studying at the University of Johannesburg.
Bursary recipients will receive funding for 2 years, towards the cost of the following expenses: tuition fees (for part-time PGCE studies), accommodation, transportation, living expenses, prescribed book allowance, stationery allowance, laptop allowance and a monthly stipend.
Students will also have the opportunity to intern at St John’s College or Roedean School SA, top private schools in Johannesburg. The internship will expand over the period of the 2 year part-time PGCE qualification. Students will also be assigned a dedicated mentor, who will provide practical academic guidance and support.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black student
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards a Mathematics/ Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences qualification (Undergraduate or Postgraduate)
- Intend on pursuing a teaching career and specialising in High School Science and Mathematics subjects
- Strong academic record
- Willing to study towards a part-time Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) at the University of Johannesburg
- Passionate and dedicated to a career of teaching
- Able to lead and inspire other people
- Have good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://ee.kobotoolbox.org/single/::ReuJ8SSH
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Any other qualification certificates (certified copies of)
- Full tertiary academic record
- Motivational letter about Teaching (max 500 words)
- Motivational video about yourself (max 1 minute and 30 seconds)
18 June 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Cida Empowerment Trust directly:
Tel: 011 026 7261
Fax 0865 100 895