Bursaries In South Africa Closing May 2023 – 2023
If you are in need of funding for your 2022 or 2023 tertiary studies, a bursary is a perfect way to fund your studies. Most bursaries are applicable to students who can prove they are in financial need, have a good academic record and are hard working.
Zabusaries.com has compiled a list of bursaries for you – these bursaries are currently open for application and will be closing within the month of May 2022. (Please do NOT apply for these bursaries after the stipulated closing date).
Below you will find a link to each bursary with further information such as the following: eligibility requirements, details on how to apply, application forms were available or details on how to obtain an application form, a list of supporting documents required, closing dates and contact details of the bursary holder if you have any further queries.
Please note that bursaries are only applicable to South African citizens (unless indicated otherwise), who have either completed Matric or are currently in Matric. You will need to prove excellent academic results, as well as financial need in order to apply for a bursary.
LIST OF SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES CLOSING IN MAY 2022:
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program South Africa (closing: 1 May 2022)
- Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa Bursaries (closing: 2 May 2022)
- TETA Scholarship at WMU (closing: 6 May 2022)
- Abe Bailey Travel Bursary (closing: 6 May 2022 for University of KwaZulu-Natal & Tshwane University of Technology students)
- Abe Bailey Travel Bursary (closing: 10 May 2022 for University of the Western Cape students)
- Abe Bailey Travel Bursary (closing: 13 May 2022 for University of Venda & University of Limpopo students)
- Allan Gray Orbis Fellowship Bursary (closing: 13 May 2022 – extension)
- Tastic Bursary (closing: 20 May 2022)
- Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) Scholarship (closing: 22 May 2022)
- Lucha Lunako Competition to Write Off Outstanding Student Debt (closing: 23 May 2022)
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) (closing: 24 May 2022)
- Sasol Bursary (closing: 27 May 2022)
- NRF Scholarship at UJ (closing: 27 May 2022)
- Boston City Campus Bursary (closing: 30 May 2022)
- Alfeco Bursary (closing: 31 May 2022)
- Abe Bailey Travel Bursary (closing: end May 2022 for Nelson Mandela University students)
- SAMSTIP Teacher Intern Bursary (closing: to be confirmed)
- IU Scholarship (applications are open all year round)
- ……..,…………………………………………………………..COMING SOON – PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE!
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.