Altron Bill Venter Academy Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ALTRON
Allied Electronics Corporation Limited (Altron) was founded by Dr Bill Venter in 1965, based on the belief that technology and science could change people’s lives for the better. The company has a strong presence not only in South Africa, but also across the rest of Africa, Australia, Europe and the Middle East. The group’s principal subsidiaries include the Bytes Technology Group and Allied Technologies Limited (Altech).
Since its inception, the group has gained a good reputation with the information technology and electrical sector which provides opportunities for students who demonstrate talent.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Altron Bill Venter Academy will be awarding bursaries in the following fields of study:
- Electronic and Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics)
- Electronic Engineering (or a combination of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, but NOT Electrical Engineering only)
- Industrial Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
Shortlisted candidates will then be contacted by Altron and invited to an interview. If you have not received any feedback within 2 months of the application deadline, you can regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study (preferably Electronic Engineering and Computer Science)
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa (NOT a Technikon)
- *Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged backgrounds and those with excellent academic records
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the: Altron Bill Venter Academy Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (certified copies)
13 September 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)